Micro Needling with the Dermapen is a very safe, and effective alternative to injectables and the invasive lasers used today. The results are long term and the recovery time is minimal. Micro Skin Needling is a cost effective, non-invasive, non-injectable skin rejuvenation treatment that targets a diverse range of skin concerns. This procedure uses a pen with microscopic needles between 0.25mm and 2mm. Micro Skin Needling is derived from ancient acupuncture and mesotherapy. During the treatment the pen is gently glided over the skin, tiny punctures are created within the epidermis and dermis that encourage the skin’s own natural healing response leading to the production of collagen and elastin. The treatment is carried out using topical numbing cream if needed however many clients feel they do not need it. Afterwards your skin will appear sunburned in the area treated and this will subside over the next 12-24 hours depending on the depth of the treatment performed. The redness can be covered with mineral make-up after 24 hours.
FINE LINES AND WRINKLES (Crows feet / forehead lines / lip lines)
As we age the natural production of collagen and elastin diminishes which leads to wrinkles, and sagging. Wrinkling in the skin is also caused by habitual facial expressions, aging, sun damage, smoking, poor hydration, and various other factors. The Dermapen promotes a process of new skin growth through the science of Collagen Induction Therapy. The most effective way to stimulate or “Induce” new skin safely and effectively is by micro-needling with the Dermapen.
Dermapen treatments not only target specific imperfections but also provide an overall rejuvenation of the skin. The needling process improves micro-circulation in conjunction with collagen and elastin formation beneath the skin to thicken the dermis reducing wrinkles. You will notice improved skin texture, more even skin tone as well as an overall brightness to your skin. Undergoing a series of Dermapen treatments will not only provide visible results to the entire appearance of your skin but it will slow down the signs of aging.
ACNE SCARS and SURGICAL SCARS
The Dermapen treatments improves the appearances of acne and surgical scars. The micro needles of the Dermapen create new collagen and elastin to be generated and deposited in the areas of the scar. The physical nature of “skin-needling” breaks up this fibrous and uneven scar tissue and stimulates the growth of new tissue. Plus there is the added benefit of new capillary growth which improves the blood supply to the area providing a healthy foundation for the new skin. Currently there are ablative and non-ablative treatments offered which can damage the epidermis and evaporate the skin leading to a thinner epidermis. The Dermapen keeps the integrity of the epidermis intact which quickens healing time and causes less pain.
MINIMIZE PORE SIZE
The Dermapen treatments will result in a more refined appearance of the pores. There are two main culprits that contribute to the appearance of enlarged pores. The first culprit is congested skin. When your pores are congested this will increase their appearance. Secondly pores will appear larger as our skin begins to age and the elasticity of our skin decreases. The Dermapen treatments stimulate collagen and elastin which results in firming of the skin thereby reducing the appearance of large pores.
Stretch Marks are a form of scarring on the skin with an off-color hue. They are caused by tearing of the dermis, and over time can diminish but will not disappear completely. The Dermapen treatment offers a progressive and natural solution to stretch marks. The treatment stimulates healthy collagen and elastin production in the deeper skin layer to repair the damaged areas with the release of growth factors and stimulation of fibroblasts. Everyone will experience improvement in the appearance of their stretch marks with the Dermapen but results are individual and depend on the severity, age and extent of the stretch marks. Early red stretch marks will result in the most improvement.
SOME OF THE KEY BENEFITS OF MICRO SKIN NEEDLING:
- Stimulates the production of collagen tightening the skin
- Eliminates or reduces crows feet and lip lines
- Eliminates or reduces forehead lines and frown lines
- Assists in the absorption of cosmetic products
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles, pigmentation and sun damage
- Treats acne scars and chicken pock scars
- Reduces the appearance of scarring and stretch marks
- Reduces the appearance of enlarged pores
- Helps with rosacea
WHAT MAKES MICRO SKIN NEEDLING SO EFFECTIVE?
What makes micro skin needling an effective treatment option is a result of what is happening to the skin after it is needled over the next 3 plus months.
Your skin will appear to be visibly healed after 24-48 hours but the healing process is continuously happening beneath the surface for several months. This natural healing process is what makes the treatment so effective.
The fibroblast cells which are the cells that make collagen and elastin will migrate to the injured site and produce and deposit new extracellular matrix. The new matrix cross-links and organizes itself and over time, new collagen will:
- fill in any depressed scars and deep lines that are present
- break down and reorganize any scar tissue
- realign and stimulate new pigmentation
After a few months, this new collagen will start to shorten. This leads to the slow tightening of the skin. Over time this healing process will lead to the formation of a thick layer of collagen, healthy elastin and improved blood flow at the initial injury site. Each needle’s pinprick begins a healing process which will blend together to lay down an almost continuous sheet of collagen.
WHAT MAKES MICRO SKIN NEEDLING A GREAT TREATMENT OPTION?
- The surface of the skin (epidermis) remains intact so the risks are very minimal, skin heals very quickly and there is minimal downtime. Unlike re-surfacing lasers that destroy the surface layer leading to substantial downtime, and higher risks.
- The needling does not damage the skin but rather leads to thicker, healthier skin.
- It is a cost-effective option compared to laser treatments.
WHAT TO DO TO ENSURE YOU GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR MICRO SKIN NEEDLING TREATMENTS?
- Make sure you are on a good home care program that consists of Vitamin C and antioxidants. After your skin care consultation, we can put together custom care package suited specially for you and your skin concerns.
- Use a home care roller weekly to ensure you are getting the most out of your products and also preventing congestion of the skin that can lead to breakouts and dull look of the skin.